October Prayer Link
Rev Al Nicoll (Chaplain, RAF). I'm currently serving at RAF Benson. By the time the prayers are published I will be deployed to the Falkland Islands on a 4 month detachment serving the Armed Forces personnel there.
We give thank for the encouraging growth in faith and numbers at RAF Benson station church. The collaborative work done by myself and my Anglican colleague has seen strong growth through the last 18 months. Work with mums and tots has been fruitful - many parents have requested infant dedication or Christening (from my colleague!). Diligent preparation using Christianity Explained, alongside Christianity Explored and Discipleship Explored has seen several people coming to faith.
Please pray for this continuing work. Pray too for my colleague, Geoffrey Firth, as he covers chaplaincy at Benson on his own during my deployment. Please pray for my wife Fiona as she remains at home during my 4 months away and for me as I provide ministry to the personnel working in the South Atlantic.
Rev Graham Bell (Chaplain, Glenochil Prison).
Cambuslang: Rev Brian Graham, Associate Pastor Rev Joy Weightman. We give thanks for the growing number of children and young people in our Sunday Club and for our two new young leaders.
We would appreciate your prayers for our two pastors, Brian who has just returned after his 3 month Sabbatical last month and Joy who kept everything running smoothly in his absence.
We thank God for the outreach opportunities of Cafe Chat on Thursday mornings and of Arkonauts, a club for p1 – p7 children on Wednesday evenings (presently between twenty and thirty children attending).
We pray God’s continued guidance as we seek to work and witness for Him in our community.
Canonmills, Edinburgh: Corporate Ministry. Canonmills Church is just about to celebrate 25 years of worship as a corporate ministry. For these years we have found that pastoral care has been supplied by members of our congregation, worship and sacraments have been conducted by either members of our family or by retired and working ministers, and that financially we have survived and even been able to give generously to charities. We are encouraged by comments of those participating and now look forward to further celebrations on October 18th with a musical evening and October 20th with Re-dedication and lunch.
All are welcome to these events.
Carbrain, Cumbernauld: Rev Grant Hamilton. Everyone connected with Carbrain Baptist Church gives thanks for those new people who have become part of our worshipping community and for sister churches that have partnered with us for the sake of the gospel during the last 12 months. At a critical time for the future direction of the church we pray that we will aim to always be living in the presence of God, serious about prayer, interdependent in relationships with others and within our own local body, that we will move forward under the authority of God’s Word and take seriously Christ’s desire that we be sent into the world to represent him.
Carluke: Rev Trevor Wilson. Pray for the new Alpha course starting Thursday 26th Sept.
Pray for us as we seek to appoint a Children and families worker.
Pray for our work amongst broken people in our Centre of Hope Cafe.
Give thanks with us for God's blessing over the past year.
Carnoustie Community Church: Rev John Toller
This past summer has been both challenging and exciting for the church. We have seen more established members move away from the area, but had the joy of running our first holiday club for primary school kids, with help from Central Baptist Church and a small Step Out team. Since then, we have started to see signs of growth again in the church family, which is bringing its own challenges.
* We are very stretched in some areas of ministry within the church, particularly music and with kids, where we need more adult helpers – we may also need to start up some form of youth group, but don’t yet have the personnel to run this. Please pray that God would provide the resources we need.
* With more help from CBC Dundee, we are hoping to start a monthly kids’ club, following on from the work done in the holiday club. Please pray for God’s leading as we plan this, and that contacts made over the summer would help bring kids in for the club.
* Our ‘knit & natter’ group is providing a great source of contact with some ladies within the town, pray that this would continue to develop.
* We will be getting involved in running services in some of the nursing homes/sheltered housing, starting this autumn; alongside this, some of our members regularly visit two of the homes. Please pray for this valuable work among an often-neglected group.
* Please pray for continuing growth in numbers and especially in knowledge and love of God within our fellowship as we seek to move forward in mission in Carnoustie.
Castlehill, Bearsden: Rev Alan Wells.We are thankful for a great Community Fun Day in August and now look to God for guidance as to where we go next in community engagement.
Please pray with us as we begin a new outreach for primary age kids starting on 21st September and as we invite the families of our toddler group to join us for Messy Harvest on 22nd September. We now have a full deaconate and we will be meeting soon to work out how to structure our responsibilities as leaders in the most efficient way.
Please pray that we will have wisdom and insight, and give thanks for those who have been elected to serve. Thank you for your prayerful interest in Castlehill Baptist!